Job Title: Café Manager
Based at: Catoca Fine Food and Giftware Mount Congreve Gardens, Kilmeaden, Co. Waterford.
Report to: Line Manager
To manage the day-to-day operations of CaToCa café in accordance with the aims and objectives of Catoca Fine Food including inter alia handling cash, maintaining health and safety standards, coordinating, presentation, communication, Training with and supervision of café staff, providing friendly and efficient customer service. In line with the Ethos of Mount Congreve House Gardens. Maintain the merchandising and presentation of the food and Beverage service areas. Control, wages, and administration departments, HR files in line with regulations.
- Ensure sufficient staffing, and supplies needed to maintain a varied high standard daily service, menu/specials board, considering special events, public holidays, and school holidays.
- Specials board, dessert counter, and savoury counter.
- Train, delegate and supervise other café staff in their duties.
- Assist in the planning and other operational practices required when putting on special events, kid’s parties, wedding receptions, christenings and Mount Congreve special events.
The priority of the café is to provide a friendly and efficient service to all its customers.
- Staff serviced areas, counter, delicatessen, wash up, and floor service
- Maintain the operating times as agreed
- Provide a full menu throughout the opening times of the café.
- Provide customers with their stated menu preference without delay, unless unavailable, in this case, an alternative should be offered.
- On busy days inform customers that their food order will take a little longer. This is the supervisors’ responsibility to inform service staff of approximate time delays eg. 5 minutes, 10 Minutes.
- Food display counters to be kept replenished and appealing to the customer.
- Ensure all comments and complaints are recorded, reported to Kevin and handled in a timely manner and the correct feedback is adhered to.
- Handle cash, reconcile daily takings and float and Reporting
- Ensure that any cash expenditure/receipts for café provisions are covered by a signed receipt
- Assist in achieving company sales targets, revenue, wage costs, food and beverage margins, and waste reduction.
- Understand the company system of payroll, control and analysis including system controls on absenteeism, sickness, holidays and numbers relating to business needs
- Understand and carry out monthly returns
- Understand and carry out period returns to assist in controlling Income and Expenditure
- Food orders pricing and delivery
- Banking procedure
- Preparing invoices and recording
- Stock control, stocktaking and minimise stock holding levels
- Provide induction training, health and safety, general CaToCa Rules and etiquette in line with the staff handbook
- Ensure that all members of staff and new members have up-to-date basic food hygiene training (see File) and liaise with the HR regarding other relevant training.
- Manual Handling
- Ensure up-to-date HACCP manual procedures are completed and documented.
- Understand the Role of Peninsula HR Company and advice
- Identify Training needs and Implement Training Initiatives
- Observe and administer staff appraisals
- Carry out 2 monthly safety audit reports and ensure necessary action of the previous report has been attended to
- Identify where grants and free training are available
- Ensure the café building equipment and furnishings are maintained and notify the owner of Mount Congreve of any damage.
- Ensure the café areas inside and out are clean, safe and hygienic at all times
- Ensure adequate security lock-up procedures are carried out.
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is carried out. Carry out checks on fridges before calling an engineer, repeat maintenance issues that need to be reported to the owner
- Carry out risk reports
- Inform and assist in roster planning taking into account additional business, Holidays, illness, and Mount Congreve events.
- Ensure all members of staff complete their roster timesheet, breaks & documentation as required.
- It is the supervisor’s responsibility to inform the café manager of any problem concerning staff not carrying out duties, being late, illness, or any form of unprofessionalism.
- If the café manager is not available problems should be reported to Kevin /Elizabeth if neither are available, such problems should be dealt with by the café supervisor and recorded having regard to staff disciplinary procedures. See HR and Staff Handbook
– Continuously review suppliers and goods. compare prices in relation in
relation to quality and availability
– Become familiar with our main suppliers for all products frequently ordered
– Check and pass Invoices for payment
– Take advantage of special offers where possible
- To carry out other duties as required by the proprietor from time to time
- Familiarise, understand and Implement all policies of the CaToCa Staff Handbook.
Sales and Marketing
– Maximise all sales through future bookings of tours, events, special occasions, quiet off-season periods, outside catering and off-site specific sales for the catering tram.
Apply in confidence with CV to [email protected]
For the attention of Kevin Byrne
Job Title: Cafe Chef / Baker
Based at: CaToCa Fine Food Mount Congreve House Gardens
Report to: Line Manager
To supervise, prepare and cook Artisan foods, Salads, Breads, and confectionery, for the day-to-day operations of Stables Cafe for both customer service and retail in accordance with the aims and Objectives of CaToCa Fine Food. Maintaining health and safety standards, coordinating, and preparing a wide selection of goods such as cakes, breads, pies, cookies, confectionery, jams, and food trends such as vegan and dietary requirements.
Have a natural flair and vision to use fresh seasonal foods in the daily menus from Mount Congreve kitchen garden and local artisan suppliers
– Ensure sufficient ingredients needed to maintain a varied and high-standard menu
– Exciting and on-trend foods to engage the interest and sale of goods to our customer
– Prepare and cook merchandise that is necessary to maintain the counter and retail counter
– Take advantage of seasonal fruit and vegetables from Mount Congreve Gardens to produce unique in-season Salads, deserts, jams, chutney etc
– Delegate and supervise other kitchen staff
– Assist with service of special events, wedding receptions, and special occasions
– The objective of the cafe is to provide a friendly and efficient service
– Maintain a selection of dietary and vegan foods on display
– Proven experience as a chef/baker
– Attention to detail
– Organising and leadership skills
– Keep updated on professional knowledge
– HACCP cert level 4
– Manual Handling
– Provide cookery demonstrations and classes (seasonal)
– Knowledge of food preparation, baking techniques, nutrition, gluten-free, vegan, and diabetic
– Use local and Garden Ingredients as much as possible.
– Provide for retail goods Christmas, Halloween, and Easter
Passion and flair for working with fresh food
Work as part of a team
– Be available to carry out any necessary company training in line with the company staff handbook.
– Train and supervise any new staff within your department
– Keep clean and take good care of all equipment, and repair any issues or service to your manager.
– Continuously review suppliers, goods and prices, comparing prices in relation to quality and availability
– Minimise food waste and costs
Sales & Marketing
– Maximise all sales through future events special occasion celebration cakes, event Catering, Retail
– To carry out other duties required by the catering operator from time to time, understand and implement all policies of the CaToCa Staff Hand Book
Apply in confidence with CV to [email protected]
For the attention of Kevin Byrne
SALES AND MARKETING EXECUTIVE – WATERFORD TREASURES AND MOUNT CONGREVE GARDENS
As a Sales and Marketing Executive, you will be responsible for designing and implementing sales and marketing strategies for both Waterford Treasures and Mount Congreve Gardens
To be successful as a Sales and Marketing Executive, you should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or a related field. You should also have a prior work experience as a Sales and Marketing Executive or a similar role.
You should possess excellent communication and outstanding sales skills. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in sales and will excel at closing deals. This is a newly created, full-time permanent position.
● To assist in developing and promoting sales initiatives and maximising sales opportunities for both Waterford Treasures and Mount Congreve Gardens
● To have a complete knowledge of the attractions and the products and services they offer.
● Conduct an agreed target of seven quality face-to-face sales calls each week on behalf of both attractions.
● Attend and conduct sales meetings, webinars, conferences and trade shows both domestic and international.
● Generate new tour, group, corporate, meetings and event business for both attractions through new account development and full penetration of existing accounts.
● Generate new ideas and drive sales promotions.
● Competitor analysis and subsequent targeting of business.
● Conduct site inspections, familiarisation trips and any corporate social events in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
● Provide operational assistance for key events.
● Management and implementation of the Social Media Plan across the group
● Devise and implement the email marketing strategy and customer database management
● Keep excellent notes and update corporate CRM as appropriate
● Management of websites content management systems
● Monitor the online presence of the attractions, update and audit regularly
● Produce sales presentations and marketing collateral.
● Manage competitions, sponsorship deals, vouchers and organise prizes.
● Attend Sales and Marketing meetings and record minutes.
● Flexibility to work weekends as required.
● The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
● A passion for working with people
● At least 3+ years experience in sales
● Sales, marketing & business skills
● Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or a related field
● Full clean driver’s license and access to a car
To apply, please a recent CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Friday, 23rd December 2022
EDUCATION PROGRAMME CO-ORDINATOR
Education Programme coordinator required for the management and delivery of ETB funded LTI education programme in Horticulture at Mount Congreve School of Horticulture, based at Mount Congreve Gardens in Kilmeaden, Co. Waterford.
The Education Programme Coordinator will be expected to:
· Develop and manage the creation of a new education and training programme at Mount Congreve School of Horticulture, to be focused on the promotion of horticultural skills training for industry and linked to employment opportunities in Waterford
· Design and development of FET training programmes in Horticulture to target current and future employment opportunities for prospective trainees and participants seeking a career in Horticulture
· Manage administration of the certified training programmes to ensure full compliance with all WWETB and QQI Quality Assurance policies, operating guidelines and training standards
· Provide management, administration, and support to staff and participants on the QQI accredited training programmes, ensuring participants receive the required training to acquire a QQI Major Award in Horticulture (5M2546) and undertake work placement programmes
· Be responsible for staff management across all LTI staff and learners ensuring smooth daily operations of the LTI education programme and maintaining an ethos appropriate to adult learning and community training.
The Education Programme Coordinator must:
• Have the requisite knowledge, skills and competencies to carry out the role.
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Possess excellent organisational skills with a proven track record in operations management and financial administration
• Hold a NFQ Level 7 (or higher) qualification in Horticulture combined with minimum 3 years’ experience in a working role within the amenity horticultural industry
• A minimum of 5 years management experience in adult education or learning programme management specifically focused on the delivery of horticultural skills training and horticultural education provision
• Experience working with a network of local stakeholders, horticulture industry representatives, HEI’s, funding bodies and state organisations in the development, delivery and support of adult education training programmes
• In depth knowledge and experience of ETB Training and Quality Assurance Standards with an understanding of the National Framework of Qualifications
· Proven leadership experience in a staff management position with responsibility for recruiting, orienting, and training of staff, staff CPD, performance monitoring and team development
· Track record demonstrating an understanding of the principles underpinning adult education and community development including empathy for working with adult learners from marginalised and socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds and those experiencing barriers to education
· Competence in ICT systems, MS Teams, Microsoft Office, and a range of social media content generation platforms for course promotion.
· Full driving licence
To apply, please send a recent CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 15th February 2023